Fabulous Fakes Exhibition
Held in the Fall at the Searstone Retirement Community Center
List of exhibitions
- Annual Members Exhibition
- Annual Juried Exhibition
- Annual Teen Exhibition
- Fabulous Fakes Exhibition
- Annual Senior Exhibition
- Choose one or two works of art you admire from any of the Old Masters, Impressionists, Modern, Neo-Classical -- you name it! (No living artists in the Triangle area, please) Then, do your best to duplicate it.
- The show will be hung in the gallery at the Cary Arts Center. For small works of art, we also have use of the cases in the hallway, in front of the gallery.
- Show Chair: Don Hamilton, 919-535-8942 or email: email@example.com
- Juror: Luana Luconi Winner
- Call For artists deadline: October 1, 2017
- Installation of artworks: October 24, 2017
- Awards ceremony/Reception: October 27, 2017
- Take down work: November 20, 2017
Guidelines for displaying art at the Fabulous Fakes Exhibition
- Open to FALC members only
- Painters of all genres
- Sorry, no photography or three-dimensional works, this time
- No photoshopped pieces - only original work
- Two pieces of art per person, maximum
- Maximum Size: 20" x 26" including frame (either portrait or landscape)
- Work must be wired and ready to hang
- Works too small to hang will be placed in the showcase
- To submit an entry, please send the following, by email, to the show chair:
- JPEG-formatted file of the original piece of art you are duplicating, the name of that piece, and the artist's name. This information will be used as part of the label beside your artwork.
- Name of your piece (the one that you painted)
- Your name
- Your contact information
- Medium you used
- A brief description of why you chose this piece to duplicate in your own way.
- Please be sure you have all seven pieces of information together BEFORE sending to the show chair!
- Do not send an image of your completed piece(s). We will see them on the day we install the exhibition.
Although the Town of Cary does not allow us to put a price on the label beside each piece, we can have a price list available, in the gallery, so that potential clients can contact the artist directly. Only FALC members whose dues are current are eligible to display their art at venues and exhibitions.
All paintings must be ready to hang, using wire, not sawtooth hangers. Make sure to use heavy gauge wire and screw eyes large enough to support the weight of the piece. Please tape the raw ends of the wire to prevent injury.
All work on paper must be matted and framed. Large works (over 22 inches x 30 inches) should be framed using plastic, not glass, because of the weight.
Work on canvas may be unframed if the edges are painted as an integral part of the work.
Work must be appropriate for a family setting, and FALC has the right to refuse work deemed inappropriate or presenting unmanageable display problems.
Liability: All entries will be handled with the best care possible, but FALC, its members, and the hosting facility shall not be responsible for loss or damage of any cause. By entering any FALC exhibition or venue the entering member agrees to abide by these rules.
FALC requests a donation of 15 percent of the selling price on all works sold from exhibitions or venues.
FALC reserves the right to change these rules at any time.
Duties for Show Chair of the Fabulous Fakes Exhibition
The Show Chair duties include:
- Collect applications from members, via email, with attachments of the entries
- Inspect entries to ensure the instructions were followed correctly
- Forwards entries to the graphics person, who works with the Town of Cary Parks and Recreation department
- The chairperson also locates and invites a judge with art judging or art history experience to judge the show. Judge looks for quality of the entry, presentation, creativity if the work is an impression of an historical, noted or not, artist.