Glenaire Retirement Community
4000 Glenaire Circle
Cary, NC 27560
|Venue||Venue||More about Glenaire Retirement Community|
|BB&T - Mayfair branch||Fonville-Morisey Realty - Prestonwood office||Artist guidelines|
|BB&T - Regency Park branch||Glenaire Retirement Community||Show chair duties|
|Cary Ballet Conservatory||Cary Hot Yoga||Location|
|FALC office||Searstone Retirement Community||Photo gallery|
The next show change is scheduled for Monday, August 13, 2018 from 2 PM to 3:30 PM.
It is on display starting Monday, August 13, 2018.
Guidelines for displaying art at Glenaire Retirement Community
- Only FALC members whose dues are current are eligible to display their art at venues and exhibitions.
- Each show runs for three months.
- All paintings must be ready to hang, using wire, not sawtooth hangers. Make sure to use heavy gauge wire and screw eyes large enough to support the weight of the piece. Please tape the raw ends of the wire to prevent injury.
- All work on paper must be matted and framed. Large works (over 22 inches x 30 inches) should be framed using plastic, not glass, because of the weight.
- Work on canvas may be unframed if the edges are painted as an integral part of the work.
- Work must be appropriate for a family setting, and FALC has the right to refuse work deemed inappropriate or presenting unmanageable display problems.
- Liability: All entries will be handled with the best care possible, but FALC, its members, and the hosting facility shall not be responsible for loss or damage of any cause. By entering any FALC exhibition or venue the entering member agrees to abide by these rules.
- FALC requests a donation of 15 percent of the selling price on all works sold from exhibitions or venues.
- FALC reserves the right to change these rules at any time.
Duties for Show Chair at Glenaire Retirement Community
The show chair for this venue is Meera Goyal.
Members should call Meera Goyal (919-484-7923) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The show chair keeps a spreadsheet that includes:
- This show changes every three months.
- Art change time frame is 2 pm to 3:30 pm. This time suits Glenaire because it does not disrupt their lunch and dinner service.
- Show Chair coordinates with Lois Jenny (Glenaire show coordinator) one or two weeks prior to the show change to confirm the date.
- The show is displayed in the hallways of the Glenaire main building.
- One large wall is reserved for a featured artist. The artist can hang as many as 20 paintings, depending upon the size. This privilege is given to the members who do a lot of volunteer work for FALC.
- On the day of the art change, the show chair arrives at Glenaire about 30 minutes before the artists to help set up and take down the current show. Volunteers are needed to help with this.
- FALC e-mail volunteer sends an email reminder to all FALC members a few days before the art change.
- The artist completes the artist contract.
- Show ending date is entered on the contract so the artists know when to pick up their work.
- Set out several pens, sticky pads, and calligraphy pens. Labels are made on site and should have the following information:
- A volunteer is needed to complete the following on labels:
- Price 'Not for Sale (NFS)'' items are clearly identified.
- Name of artist
- Phone number of artist
- One copy of the completed artist contract is retained by the show chair. The copy is kept by the artist.
- The information from the form is entered into the FALC computer for future reference. A copy of the complete list is printed for reference and retained by the show chair.
- The list is also used by the show chair to have the artist sign for having picked up the artwork.
- Show chair may have to stop by the FALC office during office hours on Tuesday or Thursday to pick up the FALC laptop and FALC labels.